Omg you guys, these Vegan Sea Salt Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies are literally the best cookies! Just the treat you need for a Monday! What better way to start the week than with some warm, chewy, deliciously chocolatey cookies. 100% vegan and 1000% divine, full to the brim with chocolate and sprinkled with flaky sea salt. Don’t like Mondays? These are the cooking for you! It literally doesn’t get any better than this. I’ve been making a lot of cookies lately and this recipe has totally been my favourite.
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 8-10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- 190g unsalted vegan butter
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 100g vegan chocolate chips
- 100g vegan chocolate chunks
- Flaky sea salt, for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C (350˚F) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the vegan butter and brown sugar. Beat in the flax egg and vanilla extract until everything is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this mixture to the bowl of wet ingredients and stir together until everything is well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. Using a tablespoon, spoon the cookie dough out onto the baking trays, setting each cookie about 2-inches apart.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 5 minutes. After this time, take them out of the oven and give the baking sheet a tap against the work surface 1-2 times to flatten the cookies.
- Place the cookies back in the oven to bake for another 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown. Repeat the process of tapping the cookies once more, and then leave them to cool.
- Sprinkle with some flaky sea salt and enjoy warm (100% recommended).
Once completely cooled, these cookies can be stored in an airtight container in a cool dray place and consumed within 4 days.
If you make these Vegan Sea Salt Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies, make sure you leave a like and a comment down below! I absolutely love hearing from you guys and you can be sure that I will try my best to get back to you soon! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @amongsttheflour I love seeing the photos of recipes you’ve all made! Have a beautiful week, happy first day of February, and I wish you a warm and safe rest of the winter! I look forward to hearing from you soon!