Forever craving this Ultra-Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta. Who doesn’t love a good bowl of alfredo, am I right?! Since going plant based, I’ve been trying to master a HEALTHY creamy pasta dish, and I think I’ve found the one! This vegan alfredo pasta recipe is super nourishing and so so delicious! Instead of using cream or cheese in this recipe, we’re using yummy cauliflower and my go-to favourite: cashews!
This cauliflower alfredo pasta is my all time favourite pasta dish. I could eat it every single day! Using cauliflower as the main component, and then adding some extra creaminess by using cashews too… you don’t need to convince me further! Think of that creamy, salty, peppery, classic alfredo flavour with a subtle hint of cauliflower in the background.
Top with some delicious Vegan Carrot Crunch Curls and you’ve got yourself a nourishingly healthy creamy dinner (perfect for two). As much as I LOVE me some spicy pasta, sometimes a nice creamy dish just hits the spot. Serve with a cheeky glass on the side and it’s a date!
So how do we achieve such creaminess?
First of all, you want to make sure your cashews are Fairtrade and your cauliflower organic and locally grown (from the garden is even better)! Soaking the cashews thoroughly is the next most important step. I love to soak my cashews in vegetable stock and then add both to the sauce later (it makes for a super yummy flavour).
Wash and cook your cauliflower (you could even use some of the cauliflower leaves if you want to reduce your food waste – they’re really yummy). Fry up some garlic whilst you’re waiting until it’s super caramelised and smells so good. After you’ve prepped everything, the rest is easy!
Add your cooked cauliflower to a high speed blender along with the rest of the ingredients and blend until ultra-creamy smooth. Season with a little more salt and pepper if desired, and voila! Cook up some pasta, mix everything together, and you’ve got yourself a super easy, super healthy dinner or lunch. Top with some Vegan Carrot Crunch Curls for a little extra deliciousness.
Finally, if you make this Ultra-Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta make sure you leave a like and a comment down below! I absolutely love hearing from you guys, and you can be sure that I’ll try my best to get back to you soon! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @amongsttheflour I love seeing the photos of recipes you’ve all made!
Have a beautiful week, happy April, and I wish you a safe and warm Spring! I look forward to hearing from your soon!
Ultra-Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta
- 300g organic cauliflower, boiled and soft
- 50g raw Fairtrade organic cashews, soaked and drained
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 2 cloves organic garlic, minced and fried
- salt and pepper, to taste
- zest and 1/2 juice of 1 organic lemon
- 150g pasta of your choice
- In a highspeed blender, add your cooked cauliflower, cashews (and the veg stock they were soaked in), caramelised garlic, lemon zest and juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently pulse on low until everything starts to blend, then gradually increase the speed to blend on high until the sauce is super creamy and perfectly smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, drain, and add back to the pan along with the cauliflower alfredo sauce.
- Mix everything together on a low heat until everything is fully combined and hot through. Serve into bowls and top with a sprinkle of black pepper, Vegan Carrot Crunch Curls, and a good helping of hemp seed hearts. Enjoy!